Graham School was built in 1904 and was named for Joseph B. Graham. Mr. Graham moved to Talladega in 1887 where he served as the second city superintendent of education. In addition, he was the only full-time teacher at Talladega High School. He also served as a member of the Talladega City Board of Education from 1899 to 1903, while still the county superintendent. He died on July 6, 1903, after being struck by a train at the Southern Railroad Depot in Talladega. Graham School was Talladega’s second elementary school and was named in his honor the year after his death. A new adjacent Graham building was erected in the 1930s, but the original structure is still in use today as the Annex Building.